This post was written by Angela Simpson of Eat Spin Run Repeat.
Rainbow Pepper Salad with Fig Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1/4 cup purple bell pepper
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup defrosted shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup cooked white navy beans, rinsed if previously canned
- about 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- fig infused white balsamic vinegar (or other fruit-infused vinegar)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. If quinoa is uncooked, simmer it in water or low-sodium vegetable broth for 15 minutes or until grains have become puffy. Then add it to the bowl.
- Drizzle fig-infused balsamic vinegar (or your favourite fruit-infused vinegar) over the salad and toss to coat. For best flavour, let the bowl sit for about 30 minutes to allow the flavours to intensify. Serve cold
Angela is an avid runner, fitness instructor, foodie, healthy living blogger, and owner of her business, Spin 360 Health Coaching. Having been overweight, unhappy and insecure as a teenager, Angela took control, changed her unhealthy habits, and adopted a clean eating lifestyle that she continues to maintain today. Her goal is to support, inspire, and motivate others to improve their health and be their best. You can learn more about her on her blog, Eat-Spin-Run-Repeat.com.