The Power House Ingredients
Kalahari Oil– derived from the seeds of the Kalahari melon. Kalahari melons grow in the Kalahari desert and are a crucial source of water for nomadic people.
- 70% Omega 6
- Hydrates the skin
- Contains high levels of Phytosterols. When applied topically phytosterols encourage collagen production and stop the slow down of collagen loss.
- Mongongo Oil– derived from the fruit of the mongogo tree, which withstands very harsh + extreme weather
- High levels of Linoleic Acid (Vitamin F/Omega 3 + 6)
- Provides environmental protection for skin + hair
- Reduces inflammation
- Promotes cellular repair
- Reconstructing properties
- Perfect for Redness + Eczema sufferers
Baobab Oil – Derived from the seeds of the fruit of the magical looking Adansonia Tree, also referred to as “The Tree of Life”.
- High levels of Vitamin A
- High levels of Vitamin E
- High levels of Vitamin F
- Beneficial for stretch marks and scarring
Rosehip Seed Oil– Known as the leader in skin protecting beneﬁts.
- Known to offer a unique protection from UV rays and environmental pollutants
- Wonderful protective agent for skin
- Advanced hydrating properties
Oils can be non greasy and can realign even oily complexions
Human skin naturally produces oil, but when the oil is stripped or dried out the skin can go into overdrive producing extra oil and thus causing acne or an oily complexion. For oily skin types or acne prone skin, choose a dry or balancing oil.
What to choose if you’re Oily or Acne prone:
- Argan oil or Jojoba oil, which are similar to our skin’s sebum, trick the skin to not overproduce oil/sebum and thus warding off breakouts.
- Hemp Seed Oil eliminates blackheads and is anti-inflammatory.
- Rose hip seed oil helps to heal repair tissue and brighten skin due to high levels vitamin C, Omega-3 + Omega-6 fatty acids and Retinoic acid. Many people with oily complexion also suffer from acne and scarring.
What to Avoid:
- Avocado oil and Coconut oil
- Silicone based oils
- Artificial fragrances or colors
Oils do not clog pores or cause breakouts
If you are using the correct oil for your skin type you should not experience clogged pores or breakouts. Pay attention to ingredients, fragrances, essential oils and the targeted results of the oil. Oils, which are free of silicones, penetrate deeper, deliver more targeted results and do not clog pores. When silicone is applied to the skin it creates a protective barrier. While this may sound like a positive attribute, there are a few major downsides. When silicone is applied to the skin nothing penetrates in and nothing gets released out, thus causing the perfect breeding ground for a clogged pore.
Other ingredients to pay attention to are artificial fragrances and colors, as they can to cause breakouts. Essential oils, even natural and organic ones, play a large roll in breakouts, rashes, redness and overall allergic reactions. While many of the oils are beautifully crafted and formulated, they can be too botanical and fragranced for some skin types. If you think you may have an allergy away spot test before using all over the face
Argan oil and Jojoba, which are similar to our skin’s sebum, trick the skin to not overproduce oil/sebum and thus warding off breakouts.
The Anti-aging benefits
Oils replenishes hydration, improves skin color, improve skin tone, boosts radiance, reduce pore size, reduce inflammation and help to fight the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. In our Fleuressence oil, the proprietary blend of 100% pure active botanicals, fruit extracts and natural oil delivers powerful vitamins and nutrients deep into the skin to boost moisture levels and skin cell revitalization. Also contains Omega fatty acids and Vitamins A, C & E, while the botanical actives work to diminish the appearance of fine lines, discoloration, inflammation, and pore size.
All the wonderful ways to use oils
- Oils should be used on cleansed skin. If the oil is being used as a serum then it is applied to clean skin before the moisturizer.
- If the oil is being used as a moisturizer then it is layered on top of the serum and or mixed with a cream moisturizer or night cream.
- Makeup glow. Some oils, like our Native Botanical Fleuressence oil, can be mixed into foundation for an overall hydrated glow
Whether you desire hydration, brightness or the Goldfaden glow, there is an oil for you.