Retinol is a form of vitamin A, which can be derived from both animal and plant sources(carotenoids). Retinol in some topical form is essential for maintaining healthy skin. Wherever it is derived from, topical vitamin A plays a major role in maintaining the youth of your skin by boosting the process of cell regeneration. Vitamin A and its retinoid analogs stimulate skin cell renewal by increasing the rate of cell division. Through its powerful action as a signaling agent, vitamin A stimulates the binding of epidermal growth factor to your skin cells, thereby encouraging new cell growth. This helps keep your skin soft and smooth. In addition, vitamin A actually thickens your epidermis, which becomes thinner with age, and also improves the elasticity of your skin. Try our Wake Up Call or Fleuressence for a boost of Retinol.
“Liver, carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin and spinach are among the best places to find vitamin A. We derive ours from carrots.”
Why you need it:
- Improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Increases collagen production
- Delivers an overall tighter, firmer, plumper appearance to the skin
- Retinol will not negatively affect younger skin
- Helps prevent the signs of aging.
- Carotenoids = Vitamin A in fruits/plants is “Pro-Vitmain A” and delivers similar effects
- Retin-A has been prescribed and used by teenagers battling Acne with no negative side effects. It is crucial however, to always wear an SPF if you’re using Retin-A or a retinoid product.