If you’ve been trying to incorporate more produce into your diet and perhaps even aiming to eat more meatless meals, this is one to add to your weekly rotation. Bright and colourful, packed with nutrients and plant-based protein, this Asian-inspired bowl will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished. If you’re not in the mood for rice, feel free to substitute your favourite whole grain, such as quinoa, millet, or even cooked soba noodles.
Sesame Citrus Tempeh Dragon Bowl
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice, ideally soaked overnight
- 1 cup sliced tempeh
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 3/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced snap peas
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup pea shoots
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- a few pinches of chili flakes
- Cook rice in about 2 cups of water for about 30 minutes or until no longer crunchy. (Depending on how long you’ve soaked your rice, it may require less time.)
- Chop the veggies and tempeh.
- Toss the brown rice, veggies and tempeh into a wok with the dressing and sautee until just warmed.
- Top with avocado and pea shoots
- Serve hot or cold.
Angela is an avid runner, fitness instructor, foodie, healthy living blogger, and health coach. Having been overweight, unhappy and insecure as a teenager, Angela took control, changed her unhealthy habits, and adopted a clean eating lifestyle that she continues to maintain today. Her goal is to support, inspire, and motivate others to improve their health and be their best. You can learn more about her on her blog, http://myfreshperspective.com