When you hear the words chicken salad, what comes to mind? If a bowl of mayo-slathered blobs of chicken is the first image you see, think again. With a mixture of crunchy veggies, protein-rich chicken, juicy grapes and a sweet-and-spicy yogurt dressing, this bowl of goodness is will keep you satisfied for hours.
Chicken Salad with Curried Yogurt Dressing
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- olive oil, in a mister
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 100g raw weight
- 1 cup peeled sweet potato, diced into 3/4″ cubes
- 2 tbsp salt-free seasoning
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- ¾ cup halved grapes
- 2 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
For the dressing:
- ½ cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp yellow curry powder
- 1/8 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- stevia to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Scatter the sweet potatoes on one half, and lay the chicken on the other. Spritz both with olive oil and sprinkle with salt-free seasoning and black pepper.
- Bake the chicken and sweet potato for 25 minutes, flipping the sweet potato cubes at the half way point.
- Meanwhile, distribute the greens between 2 bowls and arrange the grapes and celery.
- Stir together the dressing in a small container.
- When the chicken and sweet potato has finished cooking, distribute them evenly between the two bowls.
- Top with almonds and minced parsley. Serve with the dressing on the side.
Angela is an avid runner, fitness instructor, foodie, healthy living blogger, and health coach. Having been overweight, unhappy and insecure as a teenager, Angela took control, changed her unhealthy habits, and adopted a clean eating lifestyle that she continues to maintain today. Her goal is to support, inspire, and motivate others to improve their health and be their best. You can learn more about her on her blog, Eat-Spin-Run-Repeat.com.