Summer is here which means more pool and beach visits, BBQ’s , sun dresses and bathing suits. No one is really ever bathing suit ready. Cellulite, uneven skin tone, veins and broken capillaries be gone! This year you don’t have to fear revealing more skin thanks to Dr. G’s tips on how to look summer ready.
photo via @margoandme
The culprits that scare us away from stripping down to our tiny bikinis are issues most women deal with. With a few tricks you’ll feel comfortable this summer!
“A fake tan is very helpful in disguising body issues. The darker the skin appears the fewer imperfections and uneven areas will be noticeable.”
The Culprit: Facial redness
- Limit the use of alcohol as it dilates blood vessels
- Limit outdoor exercise during hottest hours of the day
- Limit retinol, glycolic acid and aggressive exfoliators
- Increase use of anti-inflammatory products with cooling/ soothing ingredients such as, red tea (Rooibos) alpha lipoic acid, green tea and oatmeal.
The Culprit: Cellulite
- A healthy diet full of essential fatty acids and leafy green vegetable and fruit is the best defense against cellulite.
- Exercise is also extremely beneficial due to the increase in circulation
- Sweating will increase circulation and flush salt out of the body
- However, cellulite is genetic in some cases and not much can be down to fully get rid of.
- Products that contain caffeine may be beneficial for smoothing out the appearance of cellulite.
- Dry brushing skin removes dead skin cells and increases circulation. This may help to breakdown stubborn cellulite and prevent
- Pour yourself a glass of bone broth. Bone broth is high in collagen, protein and Glucosamine, all help keep joints healthy, strengthen the immune system and fight cellulite.
The Culprit: Varicose veins
- Varicose veins are extremely hard to get rid of but can be managed by keeping weight at a healthy level, exercising and elevating the legs when possible.
- Try wearing support socks or compression socks to assist in better circulation.
- Self-tanners will help to cover uneven skin tone and color.
The Culprit: Lumpy Bumpy Skin
- Exfoliation is crucial in correcting lumpy and bumpy skin.
- Look for a body scrub that contains both physical and enzymatic
- Dry brushing. Dr. G tip: Remember to always brush towards the heart so the lymphatic system can flush and drain the fluid.