See ya winter, it’s (almost) smoothie season!
With winter nearly behind us, it’s starting to feel a whole lot more like smoothie season. In case you haven’t already hopped on the smoothie bandwagon, it’ll certainly be worth your while. In addition to being delicious, smoothies are a super easy way to get a ton of high quality nutrition in a single glass. This spiced pineapple coconut blend is not only high in protein, but it’s also infused with cinnamon, ginger and turmeric – all 3 of which are powerful anti-inflammatories. Give it a try after your next workout!
Spiced Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
- 1 scoop vanilla Vega Performance Protein (Vega One will work too – it just won’t be as yellow)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk + 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp maca root powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1″ piece fresh peeled ginger
- Combine all ingredients in the blender and puree until completely smooth.
- Add a little more ice if needed to thicken
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!
Angela is an avid runner, fitness instructor, foodie, healthy living blogger, and owner of her business, Spin 360 Health Coaching. Having been overweight, unhappy and insecure as a teenager, Angela took control, changed her unhealthy habits, and adopted a clean eating lifestyle that she continues to maintain today. Her goal is to support, inspire, and motivate others to improve their health and be their best. You can learn more about her on her blog, Eat-Spin-Run-Repeat.com.