Sakara’s best-selling Metabolism Super Powder revs up your metabolism, stabilizes blood sugar, eliminates bloat and decreases puffiness. It is a powerful partner to a plant-rich diet for metabolic slowdown caused by age, diet, and stress. The naturally rich, low-sugar chocolate flavor is perfect for smoothies or simply mixed with coconut water or nut mylk. But there’s more flexibility to be found. Whip up the following recipe in your kitchen to enjoy delicious dishes while banishing bloat, improving mental clarity, and creating sustained energy.
To learn more about Sakara check out our Q&A with their founders Danielle Duboise and Whitney Tingle.
Recipe: Coconut Cacao Crunch Parfait
For the coconut yogurt layer:
- 1/2 cup plain coconut yogurt
- 1-2 drops (about a scant 1/8 teaspoon) almond or vanilla extract – careful, a little goes a long way!
For the cacao crunch layer:
- 1 packet Metabolism Super Powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond butter (I used crunchy for extra texture)
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk + 1 tablespoon
- Pinch of Himalayan salt or fleur de sal
- 1/4 tablespoon maple syrup or honey, or to taste
For the topping:
- 1/2 banana
- Small handful of Sakara Dark Chocolate Granola, or chopped pecans
Prepare Cacao Crunch Layer:
1. In a separate bowl, mix almond butter, Metabolism Super Powder, cacao nibs, salt, and 3 tablespoons of almond milk (plus honey/maple syrup if using) to combine. Mix together for a smooth consistency (it will almost look like brownie batter!).
2. Prepare coconut yogurt: mix coconut yogurt with almond or vanilla extract.
Layer the parfait:
3. Spoon half of the cacao crunch layer into a glass, and spread across the bottom.
4. Spoon half of the coconut yogurt on top of the Cacao Crunch.
5. Slice bananas into coins and add half on top of the granola.
6. Sprinkle with half of the Dark Chocolate Granola or chopped pecans.
7. Use an additional 1 tablespoon of the almond milk into the Cacao Crunch to thin the consistency. Drizzle on top of the parfait.
8. Repeat the layering process with remaining coconut yogurt, banana coins and granola / chopped nuts. Top with sprinkle of cacao nibs, if desired. Enjoy!