Celebrate Labor Day with these party-friendly, delicious and healthy recipes.
Dr. G’s Summertime Baked Salmon (incase you don’t have a grill)
2 salmon fillets (can feed 4 people)
1 teaspoons of Peppercorns (black & red)
1 tablespoon of Honey (Manuka for the texture)
1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
Parsley( raw for topping after baked)Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix the peppercorns, honey and mustard. Spread evenly across both filets covering all the flesh.
- Place filets skin side down on parchment paper inside a baking dish.
- Bake for 20 mins or until the middle of the fish is to your liking.
- Remove salmon and let it rest for 5 mins then sprinkle sea salt and fresh chopped parsley on top and serve.
Red Leaf Lettuce – A whole head torn up
Fresh Dill – Chopped and sprinkled throughout.
3-4 Nectarines – Peeled and sectioned
1 Med Cucumber – Sliced very thin
1 Orange halved – To be used for the dressing
(2 tsp) extra virgin olive oil
(pinch) Sea Salt
(pinch) Fresh Ground Pepper
To make the dressing, simply squeeze the orange into a small bowl, add olive oil, salt and pepper and mix vigorously with a whisk. Dress the salad just before serving.
Healthy (and delicious) Fruit Kabobs
1 Large package of strawberries, cut into halves
½ cantaloupe, cut into balls or cubes
2 bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
1 Pineapple, cut into chunks
- Thread the strawberries, cantaloupe, banana and pineapple pieces alternately onto skewers, placing at least 2 pieces of fruit on each skewer.
- Arrange the fruit skewers decoratively on a serving platter.