Eye Creams-Start before you need it!
Aging is a slow sidling shadow that descends without the least bit of warning, other than it’s chronological promise. Yes, if you take care of yourself and your skin you can manage to ward off age and even look ten years younger, but rest assured it is coming. At some point we all wake up one morning look in the mirror and ask ourselves “when did this happen?!? I’m talking about under eye darkness, puffiness, sallowness, fine lines and dehydrated, thinning, skin. This just happened to me this year, like four months ago. And once your eyes start looking old, you need to act fast!
So, what can we do? First things first get a powerful eye cream! Aside from my obvious favorite, Bright Eyes, I do switch it up with a few others. I am also a big fan over DIY treatments. My favorite is putting tea bags in water (I usually Rooibos) and then chilling them in the fridge for a few hours. I sometimes do this in bulk so I always have them on hand. I then apply them to my eyes and leave them for about 5 minutes. This is best in the AM or right before you apply your makeup. Your eyes will be depuffed and hydrated!
Below are three of my other goto eye creams. More important than which brand you use is that you use something! Under eye skin is so delicate and easy to damage beyond repair.
Kalologie Illuminate Eye Cream
I like this eye cream, although it is heavy so I don’t wear it to bed becasue it irriates my eyes when asleep. See below for the awesome ingredients.
- Cholesteryl Stearate/Carbonate Complex – Botanical liquid crystals; a potent moisture source for the skin. Replenishes our own liquid crystal content which dissipates with age.
- Corn Silk Extract – Rich in B vitamins and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Spin Trap – Defends against free radical damage.
- Mulberry Extract – Skin lightening antioxidant
Natura Bisse Diamond Extreme Eye
Not the cleanest product around but it works! Hydrates and gives luminosity.
- Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by hydrating the skin.
- Provides the skin with a revitalized appearance.
- Eliminates the appearance of fatigued and stressed skin.
- Diminishes the appearance of under-eye shadows and restores the appearance of luminosity
Also a bit heavy but doesn’t irritate my eyes and I definitely see a difference in fine lines.
- Alguronic Acid
- vitamin C
- green tea
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!