Are Avocados the New Wonder Fruit?
My Mom bought a ton of Avocados the other day with the hopes that I would make my famous guacamole. Four days have passed and I keep walking past them, still in their skins. I can’t help but think about our amazing moisturizer, WAKE UP CALL, every time I see an avocado, which got me thinking about other uses for the fruit. Yes, avocados are fruits.
With a little googling I discovered a wealth of uses and benefits of avocados. They’re not just for Mexican food anymore.
- Avocados lower cholesterol because they contain high levels of beta-sitosterol.
- They also contain high levels of folate which aids in stroke prevention and heart attacks.
- High levels of vitamin E, monounsaturated fats, and glutathione will keep your heart healthy.
- Avocados also have carotenoid lutein, which help to prevent macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Similar to Olive Oil, avocados have Oleic Acid, which can be beneficial in warding off cancer, specifically breast and oral cancers.
Skin & Hair Benefits:
- Highest level of sterolins, which is wonderful for dry or dehydrated skin
- Avocado oil increases collagen in the skin
- Avocado can help repair damaged hair and mimics our own oil secretions.
Don’t be shy-eat them or mash them up for your skin and hair. The avocado is a wonder fruit!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!