With Earth Day around the corner, it’s only right to continuously move towards all the eco-friendly goodness we can incorporate into our lives. If you’re looking for a way to support our planet via your beauty and home routines, keep reading. Discover easy ways to reduce your carbon footprint and check out how we as a brand are stepping up the game.
Did you know that 80’000 TONS OF PLASTIC FLOATS IN THE Great Pacific Garbage Patch – EQUIVALENT TO 500 JUMBO JETS – As a brand we take note of our consumption of cardboard boxes, plastic wrapping, packing peanuts, tissue paper, and shoe boxes which house our ordered goods, and have made major strides in reducing our carbon footprint by eliminating or transitioning into eco-friendly materials.
Earth Day is a reminder to us all on how to solve climate change, end plastic pollution, protect endangered species, broaden, educate, and activate the environmental movement across the globe. Since most people are staying home and cooking, we are eliminating consumption in many ways. Plastic, paper and straws from food delivery waste is becoming less and less an issue. Discover what we continue to be committed to doing year round to mitigate our waste consumption and some tips that may help you too.
- Goldfaden MD utilizes packaging that contains over 70% of recycled plastics and are 100% recyclable
- Goldfaden MD boxes are made from 40% recycled paper and are 100% recyclable
- Goldfaden MD samples(the cute green sachets you get) are made from 100% recycled paper and are also 100% recyclable
- Goldfaden MD uses 100% recycled paper and boxes for all of our outgoing shipping boxes – both direct to consumer and to our retail partners.
Clean swap tips around the home:
- Be a part of retailer recycling programs -one of our favorite is Nespresso-just empty your used pods into the recycling bag and then ship it back to them.
- The average reusable bag has a lifespan equal to that of more than 700 disposable plastic bags. One person using reusable bags over their lifetime would remove more than 22,000 plastic bags from the environment. Nuf said.
- Compost. Start small-we like this cute compact option. Not sure how or why to compost, read all about it here . This is also a great activity to do with kids.
- Wash and reuse during cleaning. Paper consumption is real thing and recently elevated. Instead of opening a new paper towel role, use an old t-shirt or shoe bag as a cleaning cloth.
Return your empty’s:
Return your empties! You too can help the planet and reduce your carbon footprint by sending in your Goldfaden MD empties to us and you’ll receive 25% off your next order. Feel good about reducing your personal waste and start today.