This post was written by Angela Simpson of Eat Spin Run Repeat
At the end of a busy week full of work, deadlines, presentations, and your daily commute, nothing beats a relaxing night in with some of your best girlfriends and delicious food. And if the food is good for you, then that’s even better! Try this easy to make appetizer next time you’re getting together with your besties, and feel free to mix up the fillings with whatever you’ve got on hand.
Green Curry Shrimp Rolls
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Ingredients (for 4 rolls, plus leftover fillings):
- 12 uncooked shrimp, defrosted
- 2 tsp green curry paste
- ½ thinly sliced avocado
- 1/3 English cucumber, sliced very thinly into matchsticks
- ½ cup mango, cut thinly into matchsticks
- cilantro (optional)
- 4 round sheets of rice paper
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat for 1 minute. After removing the tails from the shrimp, add them along with the curry paste with 1-2 tbsp water and cook until shrimp become opaque (3-4 mins). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Slice the avocado thinly, and chop the cucumber and mango into long, thin pieces.
- One by one, dip rice papers into a bowl of warm water to soften. Transfer to a large plate or flat clean surface. Working with one at a time, arrange a little of each filling inside in a horizontal line. (For help with this, check out my step-by-step wrapping tutorial here.
- Fold in the sides, then roll the wraps up tightly. Set each one seam side down on a plate until ready to eat.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce, sriracha, or peanut sauce if desired.
- Note: If you’re not going to be enjoying the wraps immediately, wrap them in damp paper towels and seal them in a container. This will keep the rice paper from drying and allow them to last in the fridge for 1-2 days
Angela is an avid runner, fitness instructor, foodie, healthy living blogger, and owner of her business, Spin 360 Health Coaching. Having been overweight, unhappy and insecure as a teenager, Angela took control, changed her unhealthy habits, and adopted a clean eating lifestyle that she continues to maintain today. Her goal is to support, inspire, and motivate others to improve their health and be their best. You can learn more about her on her blog, Eat-Spin-Run-Repeat.com.