Hi! I’m Elizabeth Law, an interior designer based in Los Angeles.
Being around a table with family and friends is my favorite way to celebrate holidays, special occasions or just spend time together. A table setting allows for endless creativity, beauty, functionality and it’s always a fun process. Everyone can get involved and the final product is rewarding!
With holidays approaching, knowing that the table may be a little different this year, I’m sharing a few tips for future tables.
Tips for Tablescape:
- I look at a Tablescape the same way I do a room, mixing old and new, color, texture with lots of candles and flowers!
- If you can find some great vintage glassware, cutlery or linen, I think it really adds character and sophistication to a table.
- Flowers Flowers Flowers! Floral arrangements reflect the season in the most beautiful way, really bringing in color and texture.
- Mix a China pattern with earthenware. This way it doesn’t feel too stuffy, but still has the traditional elements of a set table, especially when paired with vintage or antique cutlery or glassware.
- Lots of Serving dishes, mix up the sizes, this makes it easy to pass things around and also displays food beautifully and use a beautiful glass bottle for water. I have repurposed beautiful glass tequila bottles for this sort of thing!